The business purposes unit standards are geared towards people who will, through the application of the current legislation; handle and use a firearm within a business environment. This may include security personnel, armed response guards, personnel working in gun-shops, casinos or airports where firearms must be booked in for safe-keeping or repair work etc.
Anyone wanting to apply for a Dealers Competency or a Competency to Trade in Firearms/Ammunition must have completed the business purposes unit standards.
- Handle and Use a Handgun for Business Purposes (U/S 123515)
- Handle and Use a Shotgun for Business Purposes (U/S 123514)
- Handle and Use a Self-loading Rifle or Carbine for Business Purposes (U/S 123511)
- Handle and Use a Manually-operated Rifle for Business Purposes (U/S 123519)
- Regulation 21 Competency Testing: Mandatory yearly refresher training for security officers.
Click on link to section